Friday, October 19, 2012

Second Presidential Debate

Discuss Romney's delivery compared to Obama. How did non-verbal communication impact each candidate's persuasiveness?

To me, Governor Romney seemed like he was trying very hard to be a poised debater. By watching the debate, it was clear that the way Romney answered questions that he was trying to connect with each individual that asked questions.  I noticed this by his eye contact, hand gestures and also the way he acknowledged each question as a 'good' one or such.  For President Obama, he seemed by his non verbals to also connect to the people, but in a way that he was trying to make up for his last debate that did not go over so well.  Also watching him in the background as Romney was talking, sometimes he would smirk or laugh at what Romney was saying, just as Biden had during the VP debate.  When I see this I view the candidate as less respectful, which stood out to me last night. 

What do you think about the presidential race so far. Which candidate appeals to you if at all. Did the debate influence your vote? How will you vote and why?

Throughout this whole race, I have heard many people say things along the lines of, "We have to vote for the lesser of two evils." and "I wish I got to vote for someone, not against someone." which I think many Americans are dealing with these two statements.  I think this race has be very fiery and more about knocking down the other candidate rather than building themselves up to sow how they would be fit for president.  This is apparent even during the debates.  One example was when an audience member asked Romney how he was going to be different than former republican president George W. Bush.  Once Romney answered this question, Obama goes on to talk about how Romney is different than Bush- how is was worse than Bush.  I think that this last debate didn't move me either way, but I did lean towards the Romney/Ryan ticket because of the Ryan and Biden debate.  As of now, I think I will vote for this ticket, because I believe Romney can balance our budget, and I stand with him on small business.

No comments:

Post a Comment